Friday, November 29, 2013

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Here's a new recipe for me. A nice lady Carol gave me her recipe. She kept coming to our house buying lots of fresh farm eggs (from our chickens on our farm). She does baking for their church and other groups so she would buy 5 or 6 dozens at a time. She later told me that they were for zucchini bread and other baked goods. I asked her for the recipe since I've never tried making it or eating it before. She gave it to me and it's so great! Thanks Carol!

Zucchini Bread (Carol's recipe)

3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar    (I use 3/4 cup sugar)
3/4 cup vegetable oil   (canola or olive oil is good)
2 cups grated zucchini (grate with peel and all)
2 cups flour (all purpose)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp  salt ( I use sea salt)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup walnuts, optional (I don't use nuts)
**3/4 cup to 1 cup raisins (Not in Carol's recipe, but I LOVE the taste!)**
**1-2 pinches of ground cinnamon (Not in Carol's recipe, but adds wonderful flavour)**

Steps:

1) Beat eggs, sugar , vanilla extract, and veg. oil together in one bowl.
2) In another bowl add flour and other dry ingredients.
3) Add dry to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Lastly, add the grated zucchini and raisins (optional).

Bake at 325F for 40-50 mins or toothpick inserted comes out clean


Enjoy!! I bake many loaves and pack them up and freeze them to eat for a later time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment