Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yummy Banana Bread Recipe

I got this really yummy banana bread recipe from our friends (Margaret and Dan). Dan actually baked some banana bread and brought it to my husband Manny. We ate it and it was devoured in like 15 minutes! Our family likes to eat. So, I knew I had to ask for the recipe! I adjusted the sugar and butter to use a little less to be health conscious:) I doubled the recipe and made this yesterday. I should have taken pictures because there's no more now! That's how I know this banana bread is delicious, because there's no more left!!

Banana Bread Recipe:

3 overripe bananas (peeled and mashed up in a bowl)
1/2 cup butter (softened, I actually use a little less than 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar (I used about 1/2cup, or you can use 3/4 cup if you like)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350F, grease the pan a little

1) Combine sugar and softened butter until smooth.

2) In another bowl add the flour, b. soda, b. powder, salt and use a whisk and stir the ingredients to combine them well.

3) Add eggs and vanilla extract to sugar-butter mixture.

4) Add flour mixture (dry ingredients) to wet ingredients.

5) Add mashed bananas and mix well with a spoon/spatula. Then use whisk and slowly mix until there's no more clumps.**

6)Pour batter in lightly greased pan. Bake for 50 mins or until baked fully in middle (insert toothpick and if it comes out clean, it's done!)

Take out of oven and let cool in pan. Enjoy!!

**Optional: can add nuts, or raisins after you add the mashed bananas***

Thank you Margaret and Dan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment