Friday, October 18, 2013

Lemon Pound Cake

My favourite pound cake recipe! Simple and yet so delicious! I triple this recipe everytime. That's how much my family loves it!

I got the recipe from www.joyofbaking.com. It's actually the "blueberry lemon cake" recipe. I did not add the 2 cup frozen blueberries as the recipe says.I've only changed a little and added some things to it. Hope you like it:


Lemon Pound Cake (WWW.JOYOFBAKING.COM)

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter/margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla ( I use a little less)
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp grated lemon zest ( I use zest from 1 small lemon, 1 tbsp is too lemony for me)
3/4 cup granulated sugar (I use little less than 3/4 cup)
**added ingredient is: lemon juice from 1/2 small lemon that you took zest from)**

Bake at 350F for about 40 mins or until top is golden brown.

1) In one bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest. Use hand whisk and mix up.

2) In another bowl add butter and sugar. Cream together ingredients until smooth. Now add in    vanilla  extract and eggs. Use hand whisk until smooth and not lumpy.

3) Add wet mixture to dry flour mixture. Use spoon/spatula to combine until smooth. Add milk. Mix again. Add fresh lemon juice last to the cake mixture. Use your hand whisk to make sure it's smooth and creamy texture.

4) Put in your lightly greased pan (loaf pan).

****Use toothpick in centre to see if it is baked fully. If it comes out clean it is done, if still runny or mixture is stuck on toothpick, you need to bake it longer****

enjoy! I made mine today. If it's for just my family I use a big pan and triple the recipe. But, for gifts it's great in a single loaf pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment